SOFTWARE ENGINEER II (C#)
TI Parcel Solutions, a Transportation Insight Company, is looking for a full stack Software Engineer (C#) to join our Engineering team. This is a key role as part of the team responsible for developing and maintaining the core automated backend applications that run our business. The candidate should be experienced in automating recurring workflows such as processes to download files and import, audit, report, and analyze large data sets using C# and SQL Server. The developer in this position spends the majority of time concerned with writing backend applications working with data and less time on the front-end and the presentation of application screens.
We are shipping experts servicing the needs of enterprise Fortune 500 shippers. We value technical efficiency, teamwork, communication, and a commitment to customer service.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the design, development, testing, and deployment of .NET C# applications.
- Write RPA applications that navigate web sites using Selenium.
- Design, develop, and test MSFT SQL Server database routines and systems.
- Build and support data warehouses and data marts for use in business intelligence.
- Maintain applications written in multiple versions of the .NET framework.
- Upgrade applications to the newest version of .NET.
- Work with team members to identify and resolve technical issues in a timely fashion.
- Respond to help desk requests originating from internal users in a timely fashion.
- Analyze problems and communicate with end users to assess needs and determine optimal solutions.
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation and process flow documentation.
- Performance tune systems and queries.
- Work closely with and serve as backup to other IT team members.
- US citizen or US permanent resident
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field with 5+ years development experience
- A solid understanding of and experience with
- C#, .NET 4.X, .NET 5
- Restful Web services, HTML/CSS3, Angular
- Accessing data through vendor APIs
- Writing scalable, modular, multi-threaded, self-documented, and maintainable code
- Microsoft SQL Server (2016 or newer)
- Large datasets (hundreds of millions of records, TBs of data)
- Database design, ETL, data import, export, and encryption
- SQL queries, views, stored procedures, and functions
- Visual Studio, SSMS, Jira, BitBucket/Git
- Preferred experience
- Data warehousing, reporting, and analytics tools
- API design, scripting experience, process automation
- Relevant Microsoft Certifications
- Agile development methodologies
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and orientation toward meticulous work
Position is remote with preference given to candidates in Atlanta, GA, and Salt Lake City, UT. Minimal travel.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. In an effort to recruit, develop and retain top talent, we are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all personnel practices to ensure equal opportunity for employment, promotion, and training for a more inclusive workforce.