POSITION PURPOSE - As a Software Engineer Manager on the Mobile team, you will be given a chance to contribute to the products we create and help grow the next generation of engineering talent.
In addition, you will be given the chance to work with our most strategic vendors to ensure that 3rd party tools and applications are readily available to all product teams that are interested in using them.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30% – Delivery & Execution:
- Collaborates and pairs with product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases
- Works with vendors and partners for the successful implementation of critical tooling and platforms
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- Contributes to enterprise-wide tools to drive destructive testing, automation, and engineering empowerment
- Evaluates new technologies for adoption across the enterprise
- Participates in and leads review board sessions to drive consistency across the enterprise
- Fills in on product teams for engineers who are out of the office
10% – Support & Enablement:
- Fields questions from engineers, product teams, or support teams
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Acts as a technical escalation point for the engineers on the team
50% – People:
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to Software Engineers
- Attracts, retains, and develops top talent to build a world class Software Engineering Team
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews by reviewing individual development plans and team feedback
- Fosters collaboration with team members to drive consistency across product teams, and finds opportunities to expose engineers to career interests
- Acts as a proponent of modern software development practices
- Guides team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks within and across product teams
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
10% – Learning:
- Learns, through reading, tutorials, and videos, new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
- Builds relationships with technology leaders at other companies to learn best practices and elegant solutions to common problems
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to the Software Engineer Sr. Manager, Technology Director or Sr. Director.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area.
- Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.