SOLUTION NETWORK - Application Developer/DevOps - Consultant Background
Deloitte Consulting LLP ("Deloitte Consulting") is one of the nation's leading consulting firms for business strategy, operations, technology and human resources planning. We bring together a strong combination of experience, scale and capabilities to help clients address their most complex business problems. The organizational structure of our parent organization, Deloitte LLP ("Deloitte") and our collaborative approach integrate our consulting services with other Deloitte subsidiaries offering tax services, financial advisory services, and risk management capabilities. Clients depend on us for straightforward advice and results that create value.
With nearly 10,000 Deloitte Consulting employees in more than 80 U.S. cities, we understand that people are our most precious resource. We also know that serving our clients and helping them and our people excel demands a diverse range of skills, talent, experiences and backgrounds.About the Deloitte Solutions Network
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solutions Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major package applications and technologies - PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, Siebel, Middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .Net, Networking, SAN, Server Virtualization, Cloud, etc. SNET staff is exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases, serves as an R&D function for Deloitte.
As a dynamic and leading-edge company, Deloitte offers a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance and strengthen their client service and technology skills.Application Developer Responsibilities
The Solution Network (SNET) Application Developer/DevOps will be responsible for providing technical services and assistance for application and technology products supported by the Solution Network. This position will be in Washington, D.C. and will be part of a larger team based in Philadelphia, PA, and Hyderabad, India. The position will be focused on supporting Federal Practice in internal application development, infrastructure, solutions development, client projects as well as pursuits. Activities include but are not limited to infrastructure and software architecture design, configuration, implementation and maintenance of selected packages and applications. In addition to hands-on technical work, this position will also require providing assistance to project teams with project planning, developing documentation, and guidance for system and environment improvements. This role also expects strong Linux/Unix skills, including scripting (Bash, Perl, Python), monitoring, and automation.Qualifications:Education
: Bachelor's Degree (Software/Computer Technology Field Preferred)Experience:
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in managing full application stacks from OS up through custom applications and hands on experience using a leading cloud platform provider highly preferred (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, VMWare)
- Hands on experience in software development (Perl / Ruby / Python / Powershell expertise) and Web technologies.
- Hands on programming experience with Node.js, SQL, Java or Python (or other relevant programming language is a must)
- Experience scripting languages for automation of administrative tasks (PowerShell, VBScript, PERL, etc.)
- Integrate solutions with Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products using Web service and application programming interface (API) techniques
- Strong hands on experience in Linux/Unix Administration
- Operational expertise in Windows and VMWare environments
- Experience with different database like SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2016, Oracle 11g/12c, AWS RDS and open source databases like Mongo DB, and NoSQL
- Experience with API and Gateway functions like Lambda and API Gateway (or equivalent)
- Programming applications to be optimized to work within constructs of an AWS environment
- Developing templates or scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functions
- Experience with deploying tools across the Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment pipeline (examples include Git/SVN, Maven/Ant, Jenkins/Bamboo/TeamCity, Nexus/Artifactory, SonarQube etc.)
- Experience with configuring and managing container based deployments on Docker using tools like Kubernetes
- Experience with PaaS technologies like Cloud Foundry / Apprenda for provisioning automation
- Participation in the full software development life cycle: Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and promotion into Production.
- Knowledge of system design and development used within Service Oriented architecture and web services integration (SOAP, WSDL, JAXWS)
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Technical proficiency including systems maintenance, strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, monitoring, performance measurements, change management as well as issue management in a multi-platform environment
- Experience and/or interest in process documentation and improvement
- Attention to detail
- Ability to independently manage workload while also collaborating with a team
- Developing processes and presentation material for federal and public sector related initiatives and special projects
- Knowledge of Cloud, security, infrastructure, databases, and networking
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Relevant Business Skills:
- No Sponsorship: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Prior consulting experience working on virtual teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with peers, clients and engagement teams on project assignments
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Customer service oriented planning and communication skills
- Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
- Knowledge of federal industry
- Manage multiple task assignments simultaneously
- Strong time management skills
- Self-motivated and proactive work approach
- Must be Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
- The position may require active U.S. government Top Security/Special Compartmental Information Clearance, or the ability to obtain these US government security clearances
Up to 50% is possible
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future. How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's Culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. . Corporate Citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter Tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you o your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.