Position Description Primary purpose:
- The (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) SCADA Specialist will take a role in the support and maintenance of real-time SCADA systems that operate within North America for products and natural gas pipelines. Work includes development of applications used for natural gas and products pipeline measurement and control center automation.
- The SCADA Specialist will participate in, or be responsible for implementation of SCADA system projects related to new or modified facilities. This work may include application configuration, application design and development, graphics development, and other activities in accordance with Kinder Morgan SCADA policies, procedures, and standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work as part of a group to provide SCADA system administration and management functions.
- Ensure that KM SCADA system procedures and standards are met.
- Participate in or be directly responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of SCADA related applications, HMI graphics, and reports while following existing standards.
- Participate in or be directly responsible for working with business groups or other IT staff to provide and/ or develop data interfaces between business and SCADA applications.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Control Center, and Operations personnel to ensure that application, graphic, and report design meet customer requirements.
- Provide SCADA system hardware and software support in conjunction with appropriate IT personnel as needed.
- Participate with IT Infrastructure personnel to review system maintenance, diagnose problems, etc. related to IT Standard operating systems and databases.
- Participate with IT Telecommunications personnel to review network design, maintenance issues, monitoring, etc.
- Develop documentation related to the design and the use of applications, graphics, applications, procedures, etc.
Position Requirements Education
Experience / specific knowledge:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities: Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- A minimum of 3 years work experience with SCADA, Automation or real-time systems support.
- Experience in current SCADA System platform (ClearSCADA)
- Basic programming skills and experience
- Strong initiative with a strong desire to learn
- Familiarity with IT, SCADA and or Telecomm architectural standards.
- Ability to understand and apply Object Oriented methodologies in the development of applications
- SQL database and stored procedure experience
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office applications including MS-Excel & MS-Word
- Proficient program development using C#.NET, VB.Net, and SQL stored procedures
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Must have reasonable typing skills to effectively complete required work.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent English-language skill, good written and verbal communication skill.
- Ability to learn new technology at a rapid pace.
- Very good troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure is required.
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Majority of time will be spent at a workstation typing and using a mouse. (Significant repetitive motion with fingers)
- Occasional moderate lifting of workstations or monitors.
- Working conditions:
- Standard office environment and hours.
- At times during projects and startups long hours will be required to ensure work is completed.
- Sharing after-hours callout (7x 24) as part of a group is required.
Occasional travel may be required.
- SCADA or Automation related experience in Pipeline and/or Liquid Terminals Industries
- Good understanding of PLC logic control and function.
- Networking experience within a Telecomm department
Other responsibilities: Each SCADA group may have other systems and responsibilities base on personnel and geography. This may include;
- Support and configuration of measurement applications collecting flow computer information
- Support and configuration of security card systems
- General IT support for applications, servers, desktop, printers, etc.
*Position may be filled at various levels depending on the job skills and experience of the successful candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.