JOB TITLE: Contractor, Performance Analytics
We seek a contractor who will analyze large amounts of data to find patterns and insights that will help answer business questions and will help improve the firm's performance metrics. The individual will build quality reporting tools/products to extract valuable business insights. The role requires a highly technical and analytical individual with a knack for analysis, mathematics, programming and statistics. A critical thinker with problem solving skills and a pulse on new technology available in the market place. With a passion for building backend procedures and front end reporting tools, he/she will be the go to person for the business to provide meaningful information.
Examples of such projects include but are not limited to:
- Reporting and analysis of customer and product growth
- Performance measurement
- Reporting on customer and product growth in competitor overlap areas.
- Survail performance across all geographies and segments within the firm's diverse operating footprint.
Major duties & responsibilities:
- Work with end users (both inside and outside Performance Analytics) to understand business requirements and transform raw data into actionable and meaningful insights.
- Identify all data sources and automate data collection processes.
- Be an expert at processing both structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Create reporting dashboards/tools to present transformed information using state of the art data visualization techniques
- Manage Performance Analytics database(s) and implement best practice processes that improve and lead to greater data quality
- Create analytical solutions to projects assigned to the team.
- Be a thought leader to recommend new technical solutions to exisiting business problems.
- Proven experience as a data analyst with deep experience in data mining
- Experience in SQL and statistical packages including Python, R, SAS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft BI (Power Query, DAX), SSDT (SQL Server Data Transformation) & SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services)
- Working knowledge of data transformation tools e.g. Alteryx
- Familiarity with Java and C++ preferred
- Experience using Business Intelligence reporting tools (e.g. Tableau and MicroStrategy) preferred
- Experience in BI data frameworks e.g. Hadoop preferred
- Have the ability to write complex stored procedures and be proficient in query tuning and optimization
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced dynamic environment with limited oversight
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Aptitude for analysis of business trends and performance measurement
- Strong communication skills, including experience presenting complex data and intelligence in a concise and easy to understand fashion
- Ability to manage large, complex projects
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
Related Work Experience: 3-7 years of experience working within a Analytics, Marketing, Sales, Business Intelligence or Strategic Planning function of a large organization with an established reputation for measuring business performance (e.g., telecom, mobile, media, financial services, publishing, retail, consulting, etc.)
BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Data Science or relevant field
Graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field preferred