SQL Server & Oracle DBA (Two Separate Positions)
Duration: 6 Months - Contract to Hire
Location: Irving, TX,
In this Role:
We are looking for a well –rounded DBA candidate who has the ability to design, produce, and support the end-client business applications. Must possess excellent written and technical problem solving skills, programming and unit testing skills, good organization and communication skills, and be able to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- 8+ years of SQL Data Base Administration experience (Production Support)
- Experience in database maintenance, support and design activities, which may include performing design, implementation and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle applications that support the Company’s product offerings and infrastructure systems
- Strong technical skills with installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of (SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012 and 2014).
- Experience in Production Support, Performance Tuning and High Availability
- Experience with SSRS, SSAS, SSIS and data modeling
- Experience in maintenance of multiple databases residing on many SQL Server/Oracle instances (2008/2012/2014)
- Experience in design and implement backend systems with the emphasis on high availability and disaster recoverability, data security and compliance.
- Hands on experience with running SQL Server/Oracle in virtual environments (VMWare preferred)
- Strong Communication Skills (Written & Verbal)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related areas