Apex Systems is hiring 2 SQL Analysts for a full time government contract located in Tyson's Corner, VA. We have one Junior Level opening and one Mid Level opening.
These positions require eligibility to obtain and maintain a secret level security clearance.
- Position is member of a team (technical and functional) responsible for development and maintenance of a suite of Microsoft-based (.Net & SQL Server) applications supporting Customer manpower and personnel business operations.
- Candidate should have 2-5+ years SQL experience
- Candidate must be able to open and analyze stored procedures and be able to assess how they are interacting with customer data residing in a very large manpower/personnel data warehouse which is updated daily.
- Candidate will support the resolution of problems reported by the customers in addition to problems that arise during the daily ingest of changed data imported from external sources.
- Candidate will be involved in root cause analysis and in recommending solutions to reported problems.
- Must have a working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and be very familiar with Windows environment.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in the performance of a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision; typically reports to a manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must have a strong command of English, both written and verbal.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Candidate should have 2-5+ years SQL analysis experience (1+ years' for junior level, 4+ years' for mid level)
- Experience should include performing routine and ad hoc business analysis on large data sets that range from simple to complex.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field in desired, but a solid and successful background in technically challenging related work may substitute.
- Should have background and experience performing work in a CMMI-3 (Dev) or ISO-9001 registered environment.
- Should have good documentation and process management skills with an ability to effectively understand the business requirements to develop a quality product.
- Must have IAT II certification (minimum of Security+ and Microsoft OS Certification or Training.)