SQL Application Support Analyst SSRS
Job Category: Information Systems
USIS, Inc., a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc., is seeking an SQL Application Support Analyst. In this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for data maintenance of existing SQL/Sybase Server databases. Other responsibilities include creating custom reports in SSRS or other reporting tools, data analysis, software/hardware issue resolution, maintenance of web and/or desktop applications and integration of data across our systems. In-office position.
- Handle special reporting, data extracting, State forms and data integrity research.
- Participate in the Month/Quarter/Year-End processes and ensure that timelines are met in regard to fulfilling client needs, State requirements, and company reporting in an accurate
- Responsible for creating ad-hoc data reports via SSRS as requested by clients.
- Maintain location information for all clients in database, updating as necessary
- Develop, implement, maintain, and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Diagnose and resolve application issues, application deployment and application configuration.
- Work with users and clients to ensure proper data in the system to facilitate efficient job functions by users
- Instruct clients in the proper usage of our web services, as needed.
- Provide data support/assistance to users by delivering reports, data exports, or web data query information.
- Provide application support/assistance to all PC users.
- Assist with maintaining system documentation that supports compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Maintain the standards consistent with current IT protocols and procedures and implement action plans as needed for change management
- Learn, maintain, and upgrade existing company systems as needed.
- Create, modify, and design SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports, data exports and imports.
- Analyze, audit, modify, and amend data in systems as requested by other team members and to better serve the needs of the business.
- Assist with development efforts to define and automate data gathering, analysis and reporting processes.
- Communicate database/Application changes to affected parties and support change management activities.
- Understand workers’ compensation and liability claims to correctly interpret data to observe and report trends to enable more effective customer service and business decisions
- Work effectively with project management, support, and other internal departments.
- Provides ongoing phone, email, and remote support of various enterprise applications used by the company’s end users
- As back-up, assist as necessary with the daily check processing first thing in the morning prior to the arrival of the user community.
- As back-up, assist as necessary with the daily submission of positive pay files on scheduled days. May assist with NCCI and COBC reporting submissions when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- AS in Computer Science, Information Technology and 2-3 years equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years equivalent work experience in IT field
- 2-3 years of experience writing reports in SSRS
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of T-SQL programming and Microsoft SQL Server
- Sense of ownership and pride in own performance and its impact on company’s success
- Must work successfully with key team members and developers to understand needs and expectations, prioritize effectively, determine, and implement solutions.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to analyze and interpret numbers, trends, and data to reach effective conclusions based on the findings
- Detail-orientated to verify data is accurate and analysis is interpreted to correct conclusions
- Ability and knowledge to research and find resolutions to any data issues
- Team player with the ability to meet deadlines.
Long-term stable company with great reputation and excellent work environment, great teammates, and wonderful team spirit. Top notch benefits including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401-k with company match – eligible 1st of month after 30 days. 5 weeks avg Paid Time Off/year, floating holiday, regular holidays.
$40,000 – $50,000, based on experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.