As a Senior BI Developer you will be part of a team that participates on projects for new development of BI and Reporting and provides support services for financial applications.
The BI Senior Developer will take high-level direction from a BI IT Manager, but will be expected to work with the business owner directly to participate in requirements gathering sessions, design, code and implement solutions that best fit the financial applications. A hands-on role will be required as needed for projects, enhancements and support of current Financial Reporting applications.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent demonstrated skills in Microsoft BI Technology stack including SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS.
- Proficient in SQL Server, T-SQL and SSIS.
- Relational and Multi-dimensional modeling with knowledge of BI Best practices
- Good knowledge on Database concepts and Data modelling.
- Ability to understand and formally document business process requirements as well as technology concepts (multiple platforms) , should be able to create Business Requirement documents, Technical Design documents
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in systems analysis, design, testing and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, yet be a strong team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
- Advanced analytical skills with proven problem-solving ability
- Detail-oriented, motivated, results-driven self-starter that takes initiative
- Rotate on a daily/nightly support
- Must be able to participate in a rotating on-call schedule and mentor team members
- At least 4 years of total software development experience
- At least 4 years of experience with the following: SQL Server (T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS)
- 4 -5 years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence projects.
- Knowledge and experience with AWS technologies will be a big plus.
- Financial knowledge will be an added advantage.