Scope of Work: 45% Business Intelligence Software Development
20% Business Intelligence Application Support
20% Business Intelligence Systems Analysis
15% Project Coordination We are looking for an ETL specialist that has worked with more than one ETL tool (like ADF, SSIS, DataStage and Informatica) and not just a Microsoft stack generalist who knows SQL Server and SSIS. The ETL Developer would be responsible for implementing small, medium and large scale projects. This person would perform an active, leading role in shaping and enhancing the ETL architecture by developing an SSIS and/or ADF based ETL data integration solution.
Required Skills and Abilities: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent practical and relevant experience.
Seven (7) years of IT Development experience.
This position must pass a criminal history records check. • Develop complex ETL routines to load a dimensional star schema (and supporting layers) inclusive of data quality, error handling, and logging processes.
• Determine strategies for data integrity validation processes.
• Perform an active, leading role in shaping and enhancing overall ETL architecture, including the development of ETL standards, patterns and best practices.
• Resolve difficult design and development issues.
• Identify, recommend and implement ETL process patterns and architecture improvements.
• Work with the team to ensure these standards and patterns are followed.
• Remain current on new ETL techniques and methodologies and communicate trends and opportunities to management and other developers as needed.
• Identify opportunities for new architectural initiatives; makes recommendations on the increasing scalability and robustness of ETL platforms and solutions.
• Assess requirements for completeness and accuracy and determine if requirements are actionable for the ETL team.
• Conduct impact assessment and determine the size of effort based on requirements.
• Identifies necessary changes to current business and data integration processes to optimize ETL data throughput and data accessibility
• Identifies opportunities for solution sharing and reuse.
• Communicates risks and ensures understanding of these risks. * Advanced knowledge of or skill in data architectures and design (moralized, dimensional, UML modeling, OLAP)
* Advanced knowledge of or skill in data warehousing design, BI concepts and best practices
* Advanced knowledge of or skill in job scheduling tool / scheduling tasks and processes
* Advanced knowledge of or skill in programming languages such as C# and Python
* Advanced knowledge of or skill in SQL programming including stored procedures, query plans, functions, views, indexes and triggers
* Advanced knowledge of or skill in designing, developing and implementing reports including parameters, filters and leveraging advanced reporting features in Tableau (SSRS and Power BI is a plus)
* Advanced knowledge of or skill in database modeling, data conversion and ETL tools such as SSIS
***We would be very happy with your interest and desire to pursue this opportunity. If interested in this role, please email your resume to email@example.com and reach me on 503.643.1226 X 210***