Please, no third parties. Permanent residents only.
This is an onsite job in San Diego, CA and there is no relocation assistance available.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot day-to-day database and application issues
- Play an integral role with the documentation of existing systems and configurations
- Assist with design, implementation and support of standards and procedures for monitoring, capacity planning, maintenance, backups and recovery
- Support multiple databases in development, staging and production environments in local and remote data centers
- Configure and support high-availability for SQL Server including replication and mirroring
- Support application teams and resolve database problems
- Install server-based applications software in coordination with system administrators
- Install and manage new software, upgrades and patches
- Create and implement best practices for stored procedures, triggers, packages, tables and views
- Optimize database performance by analyzing and tuning stored procedures, creating indexes and views, etc. as needed
- Configure and maintain enterprise ETL processes using various ETL tools, including SSIS, .NET scripting, and T-SQL
- Complete database maintenance procedures and generate system reports
- Create and implement security models
- Participate in application development processes to facilitate good database design and access techniques
- Plan, prepare and test backup and recovery procedures for all production databases
- Monitor databases for efficiency and periodically reorganize databases for optimal performance during scheduled downtime
- Create indices and manipulate tuning parameters where needed to enhance performance
- Calculate volumetric equations to estimate new database sizes and plan appropriately for growth
- Communicate plans to system administrators
- Responsible for the security of database systems and all business/scientific applications connected to it, including creating and maintaining database and application accounts, application/database patching, and database/application security auditing
- Product monitoring for performance and health, participate in load test activities
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience as a SQL DBA in enterprise, multi-site SQL Server environments.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with SSIS and T-SQL.
- Significant hands-on experience using Merge and Always On replication.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure technologies and deploying databases into cloud environments.
- Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS) experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with .NET scripting (C# or VB.NET) and/or PowerShell is preferred but not required.
- Experience with CRM systems is preferred but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak directly with both clients and vendors.
- Willingness and proven ability to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Strong math and algebra skills.
- Ability to problem solve and diagnose applications that work with databases.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
tags: sql dba, sql database administrator, sql database engineer, database developer, sql developer, database admin