- Title: SQL DBA Administrator – Direct [End Client]
- Location: Long Island, NY
- Duration: Long Term
Our direct client is looking for a SQL Database Administrator who will be responsible in collaborating with different project teams on analysis, development Data base tier stored procedures, SSIS packages, architectural component/infrastructure and supporting.
Detailed job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively provide DBA support and troubleshooting to multiple IT projects and delivery teams
- Able to work with teams [delivery teams] to analyze system capacity requirement [s] and need
- Able to assist in design, analysis, development, implementation of DB systems, SSIS packages, and configurations.
- Able to configure, optimize, and support SQL Server or other RDBMS/relational databases
- Efficiently work with Infrastructure teams in analyzing, planning and implementing database upgrades.
- Able to ensure that backups of all production and mission critical data is securely captured and restore capability enabled and Ensure that SQL developers meet the architectural standards
- Bachelors Degree required in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in supporting and administrating online 24/7 highly transactional database systems with good knowledge of SQL Server 2012/2016, monitoring tools like New relic, solarwinds
- Minimum 8 years of experience in supporting and managing Microsoft SQL server systems
- Has prior experience working for an ecommerce or financial operation and experience with other RDBMD like MySQL preferred
- Able to set up and manage clustering services for Windows systems
- Efficiently able to work on-call hours on a rotation basis
- Very strong communication skills and effectively able to work collaboratively in an Agile and/or Scrum environment