Must have the following in order to apply:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Four (4) years of database administration experience in appropriate technical environment
- Experience as a SQL DBA in a SQL Server 2012 or higher environment
- Command of T-SQL programming
- Experience in a high transaction volume, 24x7, VLDB, enterprise database environment
- Understanding of SQL clustering
- Familiarity with log shipping, database snapshots and mirroring
- Can support data synchronization across multiple environments
- Understanding of database security and access
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques and tools
- Performance tuning and indexing expertise including execution plan analysis
- Decision-making and communication skills
- Experience in the labor market or regulatory occupation industries
- Experience administering transactional replication
- Working experience with Reporting Services
Administers, maintains, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company's databases. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, synchronization, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Assist with the development, review and testing of database objects and stored procedures using advanced programming techniques.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the labor market industry and security concepts.
- Works directly with clients and technical staff to support the company's applications and operational data need.
- Consults with and advises users of the various organizational data sources and the tools available to access them.
- Works directly with developers and technical support personnel to anticipate and plan for productive data access, security and utilization.
- Provides on call support for scheduled 24x7 time periods.
- Deliver expertise in MS SQL database technology
- Perform daily health checks and ensure recovery strategies are functioning
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve database issues in a timely manner
- Provide off-hours on-call support and work in unison with system engineers
- Take responsibility for performance and health of all company databases
- Support all software development life-cycle database environments
- Collaborate with solution architects to devise enterprise level data strategies
- Mentor development teams and assist with new and existing data interfaces
- Enforce naming, coding, design, deployment and security standards
- Enhance current methods, policies, procedures and processes
- May also be assigned various projects and tasks as needed