The primary responsibility of the SQL Database Administrator is to build and maintain database systems. This position reports to Database Operations in the Information Management Department and coordinates with other Information Technology departments and vendors. This position also assists during production incidents and resolution.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Installs, upgrades, and maintains database systems.
- Manages system storage for the databases and applications.
- Executes performance monitoring, reporting and tuning of database systems.
- Manages and maintains back-ups and recovery process and procedures.
- Installs and maintains database server, replication and client environments.
- Develops, reviews, and tunes scripts, triggers, and store procedures.
- Assists in the design of database structures, packages and procedures.
- Manages security access and controls.
- Assists with production incidents and resolutions, including root cause analysis and recommendations.
- Implements database reporting and continuous improvement.
- Ensures audit trails are maintained through the use of manual or automated systems.
- Candidate must have at least 5 years of database administration experience
- Candidate must have experience with the following technologies and concepts:
- At least 5 years Microsoft SQL Server
- At least 5 years Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016
At least 5 years Relational database concepts.