Presidio Networked Solutions (PSDO), a Cisco Gold Partner, VMware, EMC and Microsoft Solutions Provider is hiring immediately for a SQL DBA position located in Allentown, PA. If you’re a motivated individual interested in working with like-minded professionals on the latest most innovative technologies, apply below. All employees must be eligible to work for any employer within the US. Client is not willing to sponsor at this time.
Skills and Experience:
- Perform database administration tasks.
- Must have experience and be comfortable performing monitoring, tuning, backup, and recovery of databases; maintaining database management systems software; analyzing and planning for anticipated changes in data capacity requirements; analyzing and resolving database related issues.
- Perform deployment, monitoring, and quality control on database changes in high complex SQL Server database management environments: development, test and production.
- Perform database analysis and development; This duty includes working in the following areas: requirements gathering, normalization, security, replication, testing, implementation, data migration, performance monitoring, and documentation. This includes table design and stored procedure creation.
- Assist with the development and administration of data standards, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the creation and application of database standards, policies, principles, and practices.
- Assist the DBA team with preparation of project status which includes the identification of project risk, project successes, product quality, and product timeliness. This duty requires the proactive and standard practice of regular communication of project activities to key stakeholders.
- Assist the DBA team with the preparation of written material required to inform staff, the clients' management, and project stakeholder as required. This duty includes development of management and staff briefings, technical documentation, and user materials.
- Assist Server Engineering Team with various tasks such as applying Windows security patches and handling daily infrastructure technical support tasks
Education and or Certification(s):
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL and multiple versions of Microsoft SQL Server (2002, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2 and higher)
- Ability to perform all database administration functions (design, install, monitoring, disaster recovery, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple large databases (100GB and higher) and multiple instances
- Ability to perform SQL Server migration and new database installations: planning, testing and deployment
- Five years' experience in all functions of database administration, with 2 years specialized experience in database programming and design
Additional Skills and Experience Required/Desired:
- Microsoft Certifications a Plus (MCITP SQL 2008, etc.)
- Installed and maintained a Clustered SQL Server environment
- Experience with SQL Server 2012
For immediate consideration, email your resume to Antonio Ashworth at email@example.com