**All resumes will remain strictly confidential. ship required due to federal government contract requirements.
Organization & Culture
The position calls for a self-motivated, professional team player with strong interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to interface with customers, understand their processes and requirements, and translate a set of requirements into computer source code.
Note: All official drafts, documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate Organization manager or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- With Organization manager/Organization Lead oversight and approval:
- Design, write and deploy .NET applications that use Web Services and socket based protocols;
- Design Web application development using ASP.NET, Angular, Node.JS and C#;
- Design, develop and conduct automated unit and regression tests;
- Provide server and IIS setup/configurations to support n-tier operations;
- Design and development of n-tier applications;
- Design and support of client/server applications written in other development languages (VB/C++/etc.);
- Document and implement software deployment procedures;
- Design, document, and communicate effective technical solutions meeting end-user requirements;
- Stand up, configure and maintain application environments;
- Perform design, development, and testing tasks using Microsoft’s .NET framework, Node.JS, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, WCF, WPF, Angular and Web Services;
- Produce robust, efficient, and secure .NET/Jscript code for applications that interact with end users in high availability environments;
- Develop n-tier web and client-server applications.
- Analyze, test, and apply changes to the application environment under the prevailing change management procedures and requirements.
- Work collaboratively with users and IT staff to design streamlined and efficient user interfaces.
- Coordinate development efforts with project management, software developers, functional SMEs, business analysts and quality analysts during the various phases of the SLC.
- Troubleshoot application and database performance problems.
- Productively integrate with an Agile development team.
- Leverage automated testing to consistently deliver reliable, high-quality code.
- Share functional and technical knowledge needed to develop and support Organization systems with others.
- With Organization manager oversight and approval, when needed, assume the role and responsibilities of a project technical lead, which include the following:
- Review other developers’ code and provide technical feedback where necessary to validate that code follows Organization and team coding standards and programming best practices;
- Break down technical work into tasks and provide reasonable time estimates for completion;
- Communicate status of project development work to project team, users, information system owner and others;
- Analyze and propose technical designs that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements which also optimize the long-term maintainability of the system;
- Identify and escalate technical bottlenecks and impediments to the project manager and information system owner;
- Produce required project technical documentation.
Education & Corresponding Experience (required on matrix)
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Post-Graduate degree in Computer/Information Technology (or directly-related field) is preferred.
- Applicable certifications will count toward 1 year of experience.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 7 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include work in the Computer/Information Technology field.
Required Technical Skills & Experience (required on matrix)
- 5 years of experience with applications design & development experience developing secure applications using the .NET framework, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, and Web Services.
- 5 years of experience with applications design & development experience developing secure applications using WPF or WCF.
- Expert level knowledge and skill in the following:
- Visual Studio (2015 or greater);
- Microsoft .NET (4.0 or greater);
- C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, CSS and HTML;
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or greater) and/or Oracle (9i or greater);
- T-SQL and/or PL/SQL;
- TFS, SVN or other source control tool;
- WPF or WCF development;
- Angular & Node.JS.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and developing and applying of role based security models.
- 3 years of experience with SSRS report development.
- 3 years of experience integrating configuration management methodologies and techniques, including branching and merging.
- 3 years of experience developing unit-testing scenarios to exercise a .NET Framework application to simulate environmental failures and code failures.
Preferred Skills & Experience (optional on matrix)
- Current certification as a Microsoft Certified Software Developer (MCSD).
- Knowledge of and skill in the following areas:
- Microsoft AJAX and AJAX control toolkit;
- Telerik .NET UI controls;
- ASP.NET MVC 2 or greater;
- Messaging Integration;
- XML (utilization via DOM and/or SAX, XPATH, XML Schemas, XSLT);
- Database Replication Techniques;
- nUnit or comparable unit testing tool;
- Exposure to other programming languages such as Java;
- HP Application Lifecycle Management.