Our client is looking for a Sr. Database Administrator to join their team in Los Angeles. This role will administrate all products and product family related to the Microsoft SQL Server environment, including SQL 2016, SQL 2014, and SQL 2008.
General responsibilities includes deploying migrations, ensuring server health, troubleshooting, applying service packs/hot fixes, manage and monitor server activities/processes, and performing database maintenance tasks.
- Plan, commission, and deploy software changes. Responsible for performance monitoring and tuning, and maintenance of more than 100+ SQL Server instances. Respond to request of database backup/restore, permissions, change management, and deployments requests from Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) team, Business Analysts, and end users.
- Work with Windows OS, Storage, Network teams to perform database server commissioning, maintenance, problem analysis, and capacity planning for database growth. Perform database server upgrades and applying major services packs.
- Database Monitoring and Troubleshooting using Solarwinds.
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security.
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time.
- Detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, Memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Transact SQL Performance Tuning.
- Provide suggestions for solutions to Business/Development Teams.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Design, implement, and support SQL Server product family and technologies including Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), Transact-SQL and batch development, scripting. Perform monitoring and maintenance functions from backup/restore, index rebuild, update statistics, to log and database size monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 6 years of IT experience, including 5 years as a developer or DBA
- 7 year of MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2008 Database Administrator
- 7+ years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience using TFS for time management
- Familiarity with the following technologies/tools is plus: Analysis Service (SSAS), Database warehouse, .NET, Windows scripting languages (PowerShell), SQL LiteSpeed, SQL Compare, Networking, Active Directory, SAN Storage
- Experience with supporting terabyte and high transaction databases
- Experience in Financial Industry
- Experience with Always On Technology
- Delphix experience is a definite plus.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus