Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to install, design, implement, upgrade, and optimize the performance of databases required to operate Allscripts software solutions. Responsibilities
- Write scripts to fully automate configuration and maintenance of databases including creation of fully configured database environments, data migration, monitoring, and release management.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Understand how the company's application/product uses the databases and work with the application development team to optimize schema, queries, stored procedures, and functions to achieve optimum application performance with respect to the database.
- Perform peer review of changes to the production databases.
- Implement and maintain a CI/CD process for database updates for software releases.
- SSIS development/management
Academic and professional qualifications
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree or relevant database experience
- Must be detail orientated and have excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or similar; with 3+ years of DBA / database development experience in MS Sql.
- Working experience with SSIS development.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, replication techniques, clustering, authentication, partitioning and security issues in a SaaS operations environment.
- Experience with database security concepts, including access, auditing, and encryption.
- Experience with DevOps environments using configuration management systems such as MS Database project and Subversion/VSTS.
- Experience in Azure Sql and Cosmos Db.
- Depends upon the project/program needs
- Hours required to complete projects/assignments
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans