Role: SQL DBA
Location: San Antonio, TX
Duration: 6-18 Month Contract
- Manage and resolve SQL Server Email Alerts including but not limited to Backups, Application Jobs, Login Failures.
- Work SQL Server permission requests and resolve connection issues using SQL Server traces, Windows Active Directory and SQL Server logs.
- Install SQL Server patches to bring SQL Server into IA compliance.
- Install SQL Server on a standalone or clustered instance and configure IAW US Air Force / DOD Security Requirements. Knowledge of completing Database and Instance STIG checklists on current and newly installed/upgraded SQL Server Instances and plans and mitigates findings.
- Experience with developing/Maintaining SSIS packages in conjunction with SQL Server Monitoring Tasks.
- Experience of developing/Maintaining Maintenance Plans.
- Updates SQL Server Job tasks by updating SQL Server Configuration.??
- Capable of monitoring SQL Server Alerts and developing plans to resolve the alerts that include drive space issues.
- Perform as needed data restores, import/export functions, database rebuilds and moves.
- Experience with Upgrading standalone and Clustered SQL Server Instances.
- Experience with supporting DEV, TEST and PROD SQL Servers and the promotion of code from DEV to TEST to PROD.
- Excellent proven Communication skills with SQL Server DBA team others that include customers, Oracle DBA’s and Windows Administration personnel.
- Restores databases including point in time recovery
- Knows all backup recovery types.
- Updates SQL Server Documentation when needed
- Installs, migrates and Maintains Report Server
- Installs Oracle Client on both Standalone and Clustered SQL Servers. Maintains TNSNAMES across all environments, i.e., DEV, TEST and PROD.
- Bachelor's Degree plus relevant work experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have a current NACLC/T3
- Must have Security+ Certification
If interested in this position, please email resumes to: email@example.com