Job Title: Senior Database Administrator Level III
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Duration: 3+ years Contract
Note: Candidate must be having an INTERIM SECRET CLEARANCE; Must be able to attain a Top Secret clearance thereafter
Summary/Objective The SQL database administrator implements physical changes to databases; code and test SQL, applying knowledge of database management. Design logical and physical databases for OLTP and Data Warehouse systems. Review and evaluate description of changes to database designs. Communicate or direct communication of database changes to affected parties. Understand impact of database changes and make recommendations as appropriate. Consult with project managers to design appropriate solutions.
- The successful candidate will have advanced technical experience in database administration, design, and data warehousing. Is highly skilled in software development lifecycle, problem solving, oral and written communications, teamwork, learning-on-the-fly, and desire to succeed. Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time and be very results-oriented. The candidate will be highly motivated and work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
Required Education and Experience
Degree in a related field.
Must have a minimum of 6 years direct experience with RDBMS with SQL Server (SQL is highly desired but Oracle will also be accepted). Direct experience with Business Objects, Embarcadero ER/Studio and Change Manager are desirable. Skilled knowledge of DTS, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, OPS, OEM, Windows2000 and/or Unix environments is also highly desired.