Our leading financial services client in Durham is seeking a motivated, results-driven SQL Database Administrator with excellent knowledge of AWS and cloud database management systems.We can facilitate w2 and corp-to-corp consultants. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Responsibilities of the SQL DBA:
Requirements of the SQL DBA:
- Leverage DB expertise to implement robust technical solutions
- Support and lead the resolution of critical technical production issues
- Communicate and manage product roadmap timelines
- Document database technology infrastructure standard methodologies
- Support performance tuning, solution implementations, and environment
- Hands-on experience with cloud databases, AWS in particular
- Ability to implement and support SQL databases in an AWS cloud environment
- Experience with cloud database management and configurations for performance, cost optimization, scalability, utilization, and security
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL for structured and unstructured data, SQL and ORM query optimization and tuning
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch and/or products such as Lucidworks, Solr
- Knowledge of data science and technologies such as R
- Ability to identify and implement improvements for DB tables/schemas
- Ability to analyze big data to build reporting using Tableau or similar
- Experience in a collaborative Agile environment
Keywords: SQL Database Administrator, DBA, AWS, Cloud Database Management, R, Agile, Financial Services
Job ID: 350434 About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic consulting and talent solutions to drive our clients' innovation and business results. Our purpose is to positively impact the lives of our employees, clients, consultants, and the communities in which we operate. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in talent solutions, life sciences consulting, Agile consulting, cloud services, risk management, business optimization, and managed services enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA, and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence and deep networks, as well as national reach.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don't miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!