Job Title: SQL Database Administrator
Location: Irvine, CA
Duration : 6 Months CTH
- Analysis and approval of DB schema and procedure changes from development/test, staging to lab/production environments.
- Participate in future-state infrastructure planning (storage capacity planning, server SKU recommendations, newest SQL Server features, etc.)
- Define/implement/refine SQL monitoring tools/scripts for server health checks (backups/jobs/mirroring/replication/etc.); ensure SQL Errors are proactively captured.
- Maintain and monitor database backups and rotating archives of backup files.
- Monitor and profile production database servers for load and performance bottlenecks.
- Thorough understanding of relational database design and concepts.
- Responsible for database server upgrades and SQL server configuration standards; strong understanding of MS Windows Server 2008 and up and SQL Server 2008 and up.
- Collaborate with team resources to analyze, prioritize and test upgrades/patches.
- Create knowledge base articles for alerts/issues for internal project team and affiliated groups to resolve.
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Respond to tickets within team defined Service Level Objectives
Requirements, Skills, and Education
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production computing environment
- Hands-on experience driving improvements in product performance via changes in database schema, logical and physical data organization (partitioning), tuning and configuration.
- Experience implementing/maintaining database failover mechanism (mirroring, log-shipping, clustering, etc.) and perform disaster recovery exercises for mission-critical databases.
- Strong SQL/T-SQL skills with hands-on experience in successful database design, schema design, SQL performance tuning and optimization.
- Strong skills in SSRS report development and SSIS/ETL.
- Experience with maintaining and optimizing MongoDB is preferred
- Experience with AWS services is a plus.
- Experience with data profiling/metadata analysis/data modeling and relational schema design in object oriented or component based projects is a plus.
- MCTS/SQL certifications are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Strong customer service, leadership, organizational, communication and interface skills
Indecomm Digital Services
14500 N Northsight Blvd, Suite 207 Scottsdale, AZ 85260