Position Specific Information
This opportunity is 40% systems/infrastructure and 60% SQL DBA work. Provides second line (Tier II) incident and problem mgmt. with escalations from clients and Tier 1 service desk techs who encounter problems that cannot be solved using operational run book and other documented procedures. Maintains knowledge of vascular center and data center operations in a team environment utilizing VMware, Windows Server, MS SQL server, Share Point and clinical aps, telephony and networking technologies such as PBX, firewalls, switches and routers. PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Plans computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection. Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as base dictionaries. Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Installs, configures, and administers database servers and related components.
- Monitors and manages backups, restores, and database migrations across development, test, and production environments.
- Monitors database performance, perform tuning and optimization, recommend performance enhancing design changes
- Utilizes database server integration services for database maintenance and ETL functions
- Installs, configures, and maintains database server analysis services, server reporting services environments and Microsoft database clustering services as needed.
- Prepares, maintains, and tests database disaster recovery plans.
- Develops scripts to automate operations and administrative activities.
- Configures database mails, alerts and notifications.
- Configures profiler traces.
- Assists in the development and improvement of standards, policies and procedures related to database administration and security.
- Maintains general housekeeping of working area and plant.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with general tasks that require a better understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, sit and support objects without difficulties. Frequently required to walk.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Required to sit and work at a PC work station for extended periods of time.
- Able to comply with requirements and SOP's to support clean room environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2 - 5 years' related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience in clustered and non-clustered environments.
- Experience with data management and data processing.
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
- Proficient in writing and optimizing code.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Knowledge of software development processes, techniques and software development cycle (SDLC) methodologies, internet networking topologies, technologies and challenges.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.