Responsible for the maintenance of existing SQL Server databases. Responsible for managing a data warehouse. Other responsibilities include data analysis, software issue resolution, maintenance of web and/or desktop applications and integration of data across our systems.
Primary/Essential Duties and Functions:
- Development of high-quality database solutions
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Investigate exceptions related to asset movements
- Maintenance of file transfers, and existing applications.
- Maintain the standards consistent with current IT protocols and procedures and implement action plans as needed for change management
- Learn, maintain and upgrade existing company systems as needed.
- Develop new applications as requested to improve the organization s productivity and/or processes and engage in the database development process, from inception through delivery.
- Create, modify and design SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports, data exports and imports, and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Provide process improvements by automating manual processes.
- Analyze, audit, modify, and amend data in systems as requested by other team members and to better serve the needs of the business.
- Assist with development efforts to define and automate data gathering, analysis and reporting processes.
- Communicate database changes to affected parties and support change management activities.
- Train employees on the proper use of databases.
- Respond to critical database incidents while ensuring the integrity of systems and data.
- Understand workers compensation and liability claims to correctly interpret data to observe and report trends to enable more effective customer service and business decisions
- Work effectively with project management, support, and other internal departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Competencies - Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject; or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience as an SQL Developer or similar role
- 3-5 years of experience writing reports in SSRS
- 1-3 years of .NET programming experience
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of T-SQL programming and Microsoft SQL Server
- Expert level in SQL analytical skills to work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, to review the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company s success
- Must work successfully with key team members and developers to understand needs and expectations, prioritize effectively, determine and implement solutions.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to analyze and interpret numbers, trends, and data and come to conclusions based on the findings to report
- Detail orientated to ensure data is accurate and analysis is interpreted to correct conclusions
- Ability and knowledge to research and find resolutions to any data issues
- Ability to effectively interact with developers, functional experts, client managers, and end users to ensure clear understanding of their needs
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently, using discretion and integrity, with supervisory oversight.
- Ability to maintain a high level of familiarity with this industry and the technical advancements as they become available.
- 3-5 years of experience as a SQL Developer or similar role
- Excellent understanding of T-SQL programming
- 1-3 years of .NET programming
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Requirements Necessary on a Regular Basis:
- Manual dexterity, arm and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone 7-8 hours per day.
- Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communication 7-8 hours per day.
- Vision sufficient for use of computer monitors 7-8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit at a desk and perform duties effectively 7-8 hours per day.
- Ability to pick up and maneuver small boxes/paper weighing up to 20 lbs with or without assistance on an occasional basis
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties of the position listed above. Other appropriate duties may be performed as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
I acknowledge that I have reviewed this job description and can perform the essential duties with, or without, reasonable accommodation.