We are seeking a SQL Developer for a client head quartered in St. Petersburg, Florida. The position is a hybrid of onsite and remote, but candidates need to be local to the Tampa/St. Pete area!.
In this position you will be a major contributor to the development and maintenance of Tables, Stored Procedures, Views and Functions. You will also be responsible for helping support our self-service business intelligence platform, which includes meeting with internal stake holders to discuss their reporting needs and implementing the tools they need to self-service.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write SQL queries, views or stored procedures to extract data from SQL Servers in a consistent and efficient manner that follows industry best practices.
- Interpret existing complex SQL queries and stored procedures to reverse engineer existing code.
- Create and automate or increase the efficiency of existing reports
- Assist in data analysis functions.
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders to better define report content.
- Document the results of work activities.
- Support the generation of standard reports as well as ad hoc queries.
- Ensure effective communication to the management team and business clients.
- Make recommendations for improvements in reporting tools, techniques and processes.
- Participate in efforts to analyze, design and migrate data as needed.
- Identify and clean up malformed data.
- Perform bulk data updates when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of SQL databases and queries as well as programmability concepts such as stored procedures and functions
- Ability to write SQL queries by hand without an external tool or query designer.
- Minimum two years' experience as a Data Analyst/Report Writer or other roles heavily utilizing SQL.
- Experience in developing reports and dashboards.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand business processes and relate them to technical solutions, and vice versa.
- Experience in performing efficient analysis of process improvements.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrates ability to take ownership for daily work performance.
- Skilled in the use of Business Requirements Documentation and methodologies.
- Proven ability to deliver creative solutions
- Exposure to Self Service Reporting engines such as Looker and Power BI
- Experience creating and maintaining ETL Processes using scripts and SSIS.
- Exposure to calling REST APIs for data transfer.