Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Database developer to support Web and PC based software solutions for global internal clients. This individual will be a database developer responsible for the development of the FATCA database system. This role is designed to be hands-on.
Acts as the database developer for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs. Will code new or modified SQL programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions. Documents, tests, implements and provides on-going support for the applications. Acts as expert SQL resource to development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process. Analyse and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating, development as part of a team.
Has no direct management responsibilities, but it is highly accountable for the effectiveness, quality and timeliness of application program, system or sub-system project decisions and how easily these designs can be implemented. Mentor and train staff members on the SQL. Documentation of said system assisting with writing of QA procedures for developed applications. Rapping applications for distribution on the SOE guide lines. Document Brokerage and Financial services applications following SDLC and standards established by management.
- Ability to design and develop software solutions using the Visual Studio development environment.
- Demonstrate an advanced proficiency in MS SQL and relate technologies.
- Responsible for all phases of application programming and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, software, technologies and tools, etc.).
- Works closely with staff to identify application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives.
- May code new or modified programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions.
- Documents, tests, implements and provides on-going support for the applications.
- Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency; must utilize approved Software Development life cycle methodology.
- Generally has no direct management responsibilities, but it is highly accountable for the effectiveness, quality and timeliness of application program, system or sub-system project decisions and how easily these designs can be implemented.
- Mentor and train staff members on the MS SQL platform.
- The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to stay abreast with the rapidly changing development industry.
Major Global Bank, the leading global financial services company, does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. Our Markets & Banking business is a global leader in banking, capital markets, and transaction services, with a presence in many countries dating back more than 100 years. Major Global Bank enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Through innovation and re-engineering, you'll have the chance to see your work benefitting our applications in real-time, strengthening our offering to clients. And with Major Global Bank's commitment to your on-going technical career, you'll see your skills and experience coming along just as quickly.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 5 or more years' experience with Systems Analysis, Design, and Development, with a mastery level knowledge of all aspects of the software development life cycle or relative job experience.
- The candidate should have 5 or more years of experience programming MS SQL.
- 3+ years' experience documenting and maintaining business requirements, creating functional specifications, system and user acceptance test plans.
- Executing and managing system test efforts. Required Skills:
- Candidate must have strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong analytical and administrative skills.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to mentor development teams, and ability to work independently are a must.
- Previous knowledge of Securities and Fixed Income Derivatives are a plus.
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team to develop solutions.
- Professional maturity in dealing with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong diagnostic, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- • Proven record of leading technical implementation teams in the development of software systems.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and multitask assignments
- Bachelor's Degree (or comparable experience developing applications)
- MS SQL
Please see our complete list of jobs at: