Employee Type: Full-Time Summary:
Location: Angola, Indiana
The SQL Developer position is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of data integration processes, using Microsoft SSIS, SQL stored procedures, transact SQL, or other ETL/programming tools; maintaining custom web forms; and creating documentation. This position reports to the IT Operations Manager. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures using T-SQL.
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements.
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration. Responsible for designing and developing integrations between and among applications.
- Troubleshoot production issues according to service level targets.
- Provide excellent customer service in all written and verbal communications.
- Work with University departments to identify ways to redefine and improve business processes.
- Identify innovative solutions that support the University mission.
- Identify and assist with implementation of application development best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools such as Microsoft SSIS.
- Working knowledge of report writing.
- Works independently, but under general supervision by the IT Operations Manager and the Senior Programmer.
- Ability to manage projects, tickets and multiple tasks in an organized fashion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Higher Education IT experience desired.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 times annual salary)
- Education after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.