Waitr seeks a SQL Reporting Analyst.
- Have 2+ years of industry experience developing machine learning models with business impact — more experience preferred
- Have a B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Possess Deep understanding of statistics / machine learning
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to write well written code (experience with Python preferred)
Bonus points if you:
- have experience with real-time technology problems
- have experience with Pandas / Python machine learning libraries
- have experience with AWS SageMaker
As a data scientist, you will have the opportunity to leverage our data infrastructure to develop models that impact millions of users across our three audiences and tackle our most challenging business problems. You will work with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to develop and iterate on models to help us grow our business.
Here's how you'll be spending your week:
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identify and quantify levers to help move key metrics
- Recommend which features to build and why
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
- Generate recommendations and use statistical techniques and hypothesis testing to validate your findings. This includes:
- Performing analytical deep-dives to identify problems, opportunities and actions required;
- Collecting, processing, and cleaning data from disparate sources using SQL, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools; and
- Managing the design, execution, and analysis of experiments; driving rigor and testing culture through product and operations teams
- Report against company initiatives by identifying key metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Monitor key performance metrics, understanding root causes of changes
- Build data sets and reporting tables to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Partner with engineering to implement, document, validate, and iterate on building solutions at scale
We're looking for someone who:
- Is high-energy and confident — you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- Is an owner — driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Is humble — you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Is Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity — things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Is Growth-minded — you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Has a strong desire for impact — ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
WAITR is an app based restaurant platform that connects restaurants and guests. Guests scroll restaurant menus, customize an order, modify any item, add people to a group order, split the check, choose delivery or carryout, and with the push of a button, have an order in their hands.
WAITR has transformed the way restaurants reach people & the way people choose restaurants. The WAITR delivery team & on-demand delivery platform differentiates itself from the pack by being built by hospitality professionals for hospitality professionals. Over half a million orders have been handed to happy people by smiling WAITRs.