currently seeking a SQL Server DBA to share the operational and administrative responsibilities of the DBA team. The candidate needs to have for production SQL SERVER Devloper/DBA & SSIS/SSRS Development experiences who will be working as a member of a DevOps team.
Note: No VISA sponsorship is available. Only US Citizens and GC holders ( No EAD or Corp to Corp or contract please).
- Create conceptual and physical database models.
- Document and evangelize database standards and best practices.
- Maintain and performance-tune SQL Server Databases, jobs, and SSRS Reports.
- Create and manage ETL processes using SSIS.
- Collaborate with developers on architectural and software design.
- Design and improve stored procedures for consumption by SSRS reports as well as applications.
- Identify and troubleshoot resource intensive or blocking operations on SQL Server.
- Code-review SQL scripts and make sure SQL coding standards used.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to the members of the database team.
- Work with product management to groom user-stories.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar field highly preferred.
- Relevant work experience and\or certification can be substituted for formal education.
- 6 + years of related experience at a professional level.
- At least one year in a leadership role of some kind.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Expert skill in designing tables and stored procedures.
- Strong understanding of execution plans, indexes, and SQL tuning.
- SQL Server database administration.
- Ability to be on-call to deal with production issues and for deployments.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Team leadership skills.
- Ability to create, maintain, and tune multi-threaded SSIS jobs.
- Knowledge of database reporting, preferably using SSRS.
- Solid knowledge of the agile SCRUM process.
- Prior experience with accounting, auto industry, Supply Chain Management, or retail companies.
- Previous experience in a teaching or volunteering role in any field.
- Familiarity with SQL Server DBA maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of LINQ or Entity Framework is a plus.
- Experience with automated database deployments is a plus.
- Experience using TeamCity or OctopusDeploy is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA, Rally, or some comparable tool.
Very important to have : SSIS development, Performance tuning in a production environment., Security & Data movement of migration, Specifics about execution plans, table design, or SSIS concepts. Understand basic concepts and terms around indexing and execution plans