Business Operational Concepts (BOC) is a recognized leader in providing Technical and Program Management Services, Information Technology, and Support.
BOC has enabled their Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. We provide a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing Federal sector workforce.
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, etc.), paid leave, 401k plan and more. We are committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace and believe customer satisfaction comes first.
Business Operational Concepts (BOC) is currently seeking a SQL Server Administrator to work with our government client located in Washington, DC.
The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day operational services supporting SQL Server database management and administration, which includes managing, monitoring, maintenance and performance tuning. The candidate will also support newly identified projects through engineering and architecture design.
- Support development; operations and maintenance; engineering and architecture design; integration; and testing services of SQL environments.
- Perform ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of SQL to ensure ongoing availability, stability, and compliance with standards and security requirements
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for SQL systems.
- Administer, run, and maintain SQL infrastructure in production, dev and test environments.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of disaster recovery plans for SQL.
- Work ticket queues and document resolutions completely and accurately.
- Provides technology related recommendations, implementations and upgrades.
- Documents the enterprise SQL environment(s) and develops related documents as needed.
- Strong customer relations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot technical problems
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005 & up)
- IPswitch MOVEit (Central/DMZ)
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
- Backup and recovery
- Report Builder and reporting services
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent post high school education, military and/or work related experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Server SQL support/administration experience.
- ITIL V3 foundations certification preferred (Not Required).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate(MCSA) SQL Server 2012 preferred (Not Required)
- Comptia Server+
Public Trust or the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance. (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, U.S. Citizenship is required.)