Position: Solution Architect
Location: Hartford, CT preferable (but will consider remote location that can accommodate EST time zone)
Duration: 5 Months
(need to be at client place when required – expenses will be paid)
• Candidate must have proven experience in the architecture beyond lead design duties with thorough understanding of application architectural componentization.
• Candidate must have experience with IBM tool experience as an expert.
• Candidate must demonstrate a deep knowledge of architecture principles and describe the employment of those on several projects.
• A clear and complete understanding of the difference and delineation between architecture and high-level design is required.
• Architecture experience required should be heavily based in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence implementations.
• Experience with large databases is a plus.
• Knowledge of UML or similar modeling language is required.
• Understanding of information delivery and ETL applications and tools is preferred.
• Proven project experience and ability to lead a group through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams, architects, business and other project constituents.
• Ability to discover and define technical requirements and their relationship to functional requirements and to determine the adequacy of documented requirements for architectural definition.
• Healthcare or Insurance/Financial Services industry knowledge is preferred, but not required.
• Medical Management experience is a plus.
• Strong business and technology decision making skills are required.
• Candidate must have prior experience in a technical leadership role.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and strong leadership skills to effectively influence decisions and positively impact progress are required.