Are you looking to make significant strategic contributions and receiving the rewards and recognition that you deserve? CBTS is a recognized leader in global IT professional services that delivers the best talent, drives innovations, yields tangible savings and builds sustainable value.
CBTS is currently seeking a SQL Server DBA in Blue Ash, OH
* Maintains the application servers which include Microsoft Windows and MS SQL
* Manages and maintains all production and non-production Windows SQL Server 2008/2010/2012/2014 and databases and servers on which the databases are hosted
* Recommend and implement best practices for SQL architecture
* Builds and maintains SQL replication topologies
* Frequent interaction with in house application team on troubleshooting issues / recommending solutions in regards to MS SQL and databases
* Interaction with in house application team members when architecting new solutions involving SQL
* Optimizes database access and re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration and performance
* Understands the methodologies and technologies that determine the flow of data within and between the various business systems and databases
* Responsible for the identification and resolution of information flow and content issues
* Monitors SQL servers and makes necessary changes to optimize their performance
* Installs and upgrades SQL server hardware and software as necessary
* Performs security checks on the databases and SQL servers
* Assists with the deployment of new code releases for our custom application and website environments
* Assists in the maintenance of the SQL user accounts; i.e. creations, changes, deletions, etc.
* Sets client computer standards for access to SQL
* Assists in providing a stable backup structure for the SQL databases and SQL servers
* Documents the SQL servers configuration, connectivity, function, reboot requirements, etc.
* Assists in troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose database and SQL server related problems
* Provides database and application users with tier 3 network support
* Serves as backup to other IT infrastructure staff members
* Other duties may be assigned as necessary
* BS degree in Information Systems OR 5+ years relative job experience in computer information systems and LAN management
* MCDBA certification or equal job experience administering and supporting Microsoft SQL Server 20142016 and newer
* In-depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems such as Windows Server 2003/2008R2/2012 would be a plus
* In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016
* Knowledge of warehouse implementations using Business Objects would be a plus
* Knowledge of multiple enterprise backup solutions in regards to backing up MS SQL would be a plus
* Experience in project management, documentation and work flows
* Solid understanding of network protocols / technologies such as DNS, WINS and TCP/IP are a plus
Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Wherever the journey takes your enterprise, CBTS has you covered. Whether your challenge is developing a cloud strategy, assessing security vulnerabilities, or developing an interactive experience for your customers, you need a partner that understands your strategic goals as well as your technology requirements. That partner is CBTS. From consulting to implementation to ongoing optimization, we combine deep technology experience with the expertise of professionals who bring a personal approach to all things cloud and beyond.