Definitive Logic seeks an experienced, mid-level SQL Server DBA, with 5+ years of experience, to create and maintain databases in support of a new software development project. The selected candidate will be actively involved with designing and developing a reporting and analytics solution pulling data from a variety of sources (public and internal). They will work on a small, agile team to implement a new web-based solution for a federal government agency seeking to advance their analytical capabilities. This position is a perfect opportunity for a mid-level SQL Server DBA looking to play an integral role on a new, long-term, project using the full Microsoft technology stack!
- Create and maintain SQL Server 2016 databases from logical to physical (with more emphasis on the physical model).
- Design, develop, and maintain ETL solution to acquire and prepare data for reporting, dashboards, and scorecards.
- Create and maintain database scripts that automate routine tasks (e.g., create/alter tables, database deployments, etc.).
- Perform database administration tasks (e.g., manage instances, backups, recovery, users, space, etc.).
- Administer the database environment to include SSIS, SSRS, and integration with our Microsoft .NET web application.
- Document processes and procedures to facilitate database maintenance and to communicate the technical details of the solution implemented.
- Work closely with the team to gain a deeper understanding of the requirements to help define KPIs and supporting dimensions/metrics.
- Assist with the design and development of reports/dashboards based on your understanding of the data and databases.
- Provide added value to the analytics tasks such as cleaning, validating, or modeling data with the purpose of drawing meaningful conclusions from the data, and conveying those conclusions in form of charts, graphs, tables, reports, documents, etc.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance from the federal government.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical field.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with databases (preferably SQL Server).
- Well versed in Microsoft Office products (i.e., Excel, Access) and Google (i.e., Docs, Sheets).
- Familiarity with Scrum methodology for agile software development.
- Understand the differences between transactional and dimensional data models.
- Ability to write custom SQL and solid understanding of fundamental programming constructs.
- Experience with developing database packages, stored procedures, functions, and triggers as well as knowing what to use when (and why).
- Ability to estimate development tasks accurately and meet agreed-upon deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and be accountable to the team for progress.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (in written and oral forms).
- Understanding of source code control, code promotion, deployments, and QA/QC processes.
3000 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 250 Arlington, VA, 22201