SQL Server DBA - Cleveland, Ohio
Summary Coordinates physical changes to computer databases; and codes, tests, and implements physical database by performing the following duties.
Must be able to work onsite in Cleveland, Ohio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Advise the customer on best practices
- Implement best practices on Microsoft SQL Server Databases and Servers
- Interface and communicate with customers
- Interface and communicate with other internal departments at Remote DBA Experts
- Participate in an on call rotation
- Install and configure SQL Server
- Document processes and procedures
- Implement/Support Log Shipping
- Implement/Support Mirroring
- Implement/Support Replication
- Implement/Support Clustering
- Participate in migrations for customers
- Participate in upgrades
- Keep time entry up to date within 24 hours
- Advise customers on hardware and licensing questions
- Ensure that customers are have appropriate maintenance in place including backups, index maintenance, consistency checks and statistics maintenance
- Support SSIS, SSRS, SSAS solutions for customers
- Performance tuning
- Continue to learn new skills involved in being a SQL Server DBA as the technology evolves
- Keep up to date with new releases of Microsoft SQL Server and advise customers of the aspects that pertain to them
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SQL Server Database software, including SSMS, BIDS, Embarcadero, and Perfmon. The employee should know how to perform a server side trace, and how to use the various DMVs, the Cluster Manager, and other tools needed to troubleshoot issues when they arise