MS SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Client is looking for a highly competent and motivated individual in this role. This is a production DBA role, and as such it will require a commitment.
Some of the responsibilities would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fullfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g.e database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with stategic solutions to recurring problems.
This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on productions systems, and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
Requirements for consideration (non -negotiable):
- 5+ Yrs of MS SQL Server database administration to include -
- Troubleshooting and resolving database and server related issue
- Performance tuning and optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Backups, restores and recovery models
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR) implementations for the full MSSQL Server stack
- Implementing operational automations using scripts and native tools such as SQL Agent and Integration Services (scripting skills are very important)
- Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics
- Experience working with Windows servers including Active Directory, DNS and proper disk configurations
- Good communication and documentations skills
- Provide off hour support and be on call when necessary
- Excellent T-SQL skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or certifications with relevant experience (MCTS, MCITP, MVP)
- Azure or AWS experience
- A passiona of automations of all things, to include using scripting such as Powershell and newer scripting languages (Powershell skills are MUCH preferred and currently used)
- Knowledge of Reporting Services configurations and scalability options
- Involvement with the MS SQL Server community, membership in PASS, active in forums or newsgroups
- Previous experience in either a teaching or volunteer role
4919 Mckinney Ave Dallas, TX, 75205Contact