Position: SQL Server DBA
Duration: Long Term Contract
Location: Pleasanton CA
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
A Microsoft SQL Server DBA Consultant shall possess 7+ years technical knowledge and experience with the following systems, platforms, applications skills:
- Experience administrating Microsoft Windows Server versions 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014/ 2016
- Experience building Microsoft Windows Clusters using Microsoft Windows Server versions 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases, capacity planning, performance tuning, high availability in complex environments and mission critical applications.
- Experience with T-SQL, PowerShell, VB.Net, VB Script, and Windows Script
- Expert with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS), Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server Analytical Services(SSAS) - versions 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016
- Experience building/deploying SSIS packages
- Experience building/deploying SSRS reports
- Experience providing SSAS support
- Experience building/deploying SQL Jobs, including database maintenance packages
- In-depth experience with installation, configuration, upgrade, patching, migrating the above Microsoft SQL Server products to higher versions or/and different hardware or/and different OS, including SQL Server in a clustered environment.
- Expert in disaster recovery
- Expert Microsoft SQL Server DBA hands on skills in supporting a production database in all operations, such as troubleshooting daily operational issues
- Expert in being able to troubleshoot various issues within Microsoft Windows Server or/and Microsoft SQL Server
- Providing end user support and customer service management.
- Extensive knowledge with complex SQL and T-SQL programming and optimization.
- Good writing skills to provide documentation for DBA and other teams.
- Tracking, monitoring, and reporting database jobs and processes using various software products
- Communicate and prepare management reports to IT management and end users
The Consultant resource(s) shall possess most of the following skills:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze information identify and formulate solutions to problems.
- Provides more in-depth analysis with a high-level view of goals and end deliverables.
- Complete work within a reasonable time frame under the supervision of a manager or team lead.
- Plan and manage all aspects of the support function.
- Extensive knowledge of and proven experience with data processing systems, and methods of developing, testing and moving solutions to implementation.
- Strong knowledge in project management practices and ability to document processes and procedures as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other support team members and independently on assigned tasks and deliverables with minimum supervision
- Communicate effectively with users at all levels, from data entry technicians up to senior management, verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, working closely and actively communicating with person to accomplish time critical tasks and deliverables
- Ask questions and share information gained with other support team members, recording and documenting this knowledge
- Elicit and gather user requirements and/or problem description information, and record this information accurately
- Listen carefully and act upon user requirements
- Convey and explain complex problems and solutions in an understandable language to both technical and non-technical persons
- Present technical solutions to management and decision makers
- Follow the lead of others on assigned projects as well as take the lead when deemed appropriate
- Think creatively and critically, analyzing complex problems, weighing multiple solutions, and carefully selecting solutions appropriate to the business needs, project scope, and available resources
- Take responsibility for the integrity of the solution
Thanks & Regards,