Compassion is the essential trait that drives superior health care performance. But it's just a start. At OptumCare innovative thinking is just as important. Our unique team of health care providers are an emerging and important part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our approach is designed to help physicians and other providers deliver the right care at the right time in the right setting. That takes smart ideas and incredible teamwork. And that's where you come in. In this role, you'll support a clinical team that's helping patients in new and better ways while giving them a generous helping of compassion and respect.
This position requires solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Leadership and/or Management experience is also important.
The SQL Server DBA will have one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience
- Experience with MS SQL Server performance tuning and optimization
- Experience with MS SQL Server backup and recovery
- Experience working with Windows Server
Careers with Optum.
- Experience with SQL Server Always On Clustering
- Knowledge of SQL Server replication is
- Experience with larger scale database infrastructures
- Management experience is a huge plus. At a minimum, project management and/or some key leadership responsibilities
- SQL Server MCSA/MCSE certifications
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: DBA, SQL, SQL2008 - SQL2017, performance tuning, optimization, back up, recovery, MCSE, MCSA, clustering, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada