Job Title: SQL Server Data Engineer
Location of role: Chicago, IL 60601
Salary or Hourly range: $130K-$150K ideally contract to hire Depending on experience DOE
Company relocation - At this time, client will NOT relocate for this role
Company sponsorship - At this time, client will NOT sponsor for this role
Travel: This role may require 0% travel
Duration of role: Direct hire Role – Fulltime or C2H ideally over a 3 to 6 mos period
Key Points of the role: Position Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- 5 plus years managing commercial-grade database systems leveraging the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server and MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- adept at creating stored procedures, views, user-defined functions, table functions
- Worked with T-SQL
- Proven record on performing near real time data integrations and processing via: JSON\CSV\XML file\message types.
- Need someone strong with tuning, table design, DML (data manipulation language)
Any Schema design and performance and tuning
ETL exposure and any ex perience with any application version control and automated deployments?
Any work with NoSQL or Hadoop / Hortonworks?
Any High availability architecture and build-out experience?
Any Disaster Recovery architecture and build-out experience?
Any exposure and hands on experience with various Cloud vendors?
- 1 to 3 years developing data driven solutions and integrations for:
- Hybrid architecture spanning On-prem+Cloud (preference AWS)
- Stack: Amazon Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, C#, Python, Java
- Informatica ETL\PowerCenter
- 2 to 4 years building robust Business Intelligence solutions:
- Microsoft OLAP
- Reporting\Dashboards: Tableau, SSRS, Power BI
- 5 to 12 years developing solutions or contributing to development leveraging:
- Object-Oriented programming techniques (.Net/Java/Python)
- Software Development Lifecycles
- Unit Test Techniques
- Debugging/Analytical Techniques
- Proven track record (5 to 12 years) working in fast-paced, time-sensitive project that requires:
- Clear and timely communication of key information deemed critical to project success
- Managing design risk
- Balancing priorities
- Going above and beyond the requirement of the role
- Articulating technical information to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of Scrum/Agile methodologies is preferred
- Leading without authority
Summary: The Lead Principal Data Engineer contributes to the design, development, and management of the Company’s large-scale database systems while supporting the strategic architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function.
Essential Position Functions:
- Contribute to design and development of extensible/sustainable/quality database solutions based on an understanding of business and customer requirements and needs
- Contributes to technical design including high-level conceptual diagrams, updates to data dictionary, creation of standards
- Commands a broad awareness of related projects
- Capable of executing\running projects with least amount of guidance.
- Self-driven, thinks ahead, and provides best solution possible.
- Accountable and Responsible for delivered solutions.
- Active member of a data team that solves complex challenges and builds working database solutions
- Collaborates with the team to develop database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the systems under development
- Exhibits sound, methodical engineering judgment, and effectively manages trade-offs among data volumes, number of users logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- Codes, installs, optimizes, and debugs database queries and stored procedures using appropriate tools or editors
- Performs code reviews, providing feedback in a timely manner.
- Proactively monitors database trends and acts to improve database systems and processes
- Identifies tactical risks and raises/resolves issues effectively
- Provides recommendations for and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development and/or maintenance efforts including, but not limited to capacity planning
- Develops ad-hoc scripts, including clean-up scripts when needed
- Identifies and correct performance bottlenecks related to SQL code.
- Contributes to selection and design of tools required for management of the database and transaction processing environments