Location: Rosslyn, VA
Positions available: 1
Duration: 12+ months
Start date: ASAP
Work Status: US Citizens only
Clearance: Active Secret clearance
Title: SQL Server Sr. Database Developer
About the Job:
As a part of the DME Passport team, the candidate will be responsible for database development on a variety of key internal applications.
The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, willing to work in a fast-paced environment independently and in a team environment. The individual will work closely with developers, project managers, software test engineers and other stakeholders throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process developing database code (programming), performing triage of operational issues, collaborating with team members on design and architecture, and acting as an overall database Subject Matter Expert. The individual should have a strong understanding of the Agile SDLC processes and database programming, management, and tuning methodologies.
- Senior-level SQL Server database experience and proficiency in T/SQL programming, SQL query development and optimization, data analysis and manipulation, DDL for functions, view, stored procedures and other objects. Oracle experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of database and related tools and applications, to include SQL Server Relational Database Management System (RDBMS); Structured Query Language (SQL); Transact-SQL (T-SQL); SQLCMD, Power Shell, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages, and Stored Procedures
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains database, procedures, and functions that accommodates changing business priorities and technological changes while providing availability, scalability, performance, recoverability, reliability, and security
- Acts as liaison for SQL Server DB performance, integration, migration, upgrade, storage, and replication strategies
- Database Administration skills, to include Performance Tuning, Administration, Windows Operating System, Scripting Languages (SQLCMD, Power Shell, batch, etc.)
- Focuses on Performance Tuning of database instance across various applications/systems, to include indexing and optimizer strategies, stored procedures/triggers, partitioning, locking schemes, temporary spaces/sort area, and memory management
- Monitors the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Experienced with extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes and reporting
- Interacts with project management and Agile development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and database development objectives
- Experienced in full software development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and maintenance
- Participates in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different team members to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Documents, tracks and escalates issues as appropriate
- Participates in Scrum teams in support of Agile projects while supporting end-to-end support for build, deployment, and operational activities
- Exercises considerable latitude, discretion, and independent judgment in determining technical objectives of assignments
- Routine operation maintenance including installations, upgrades, patching, monitoring, auditing, issue resolution
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related degree and 10 or more years of related experience
- Expertise in database technologies (SQL Server 2008/2012)
- Agile Scrum experience
- Oracle 11g/12c expertise a plus
- Performs work without significant supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously
- Able to perform and produce in a fast-paced development environment
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Works collaboratively to meet team goals/mission
- Experienced in supporting internal and external clients
Knowledge Management, Inc.
353 Middlesex Road
Tyngsboro, MA 01879
Office: 978-649-0123 ext. 200
“An SBA 8(a) STARS II Contract Holder & an SDB & MBE Certified Company