If you are an experienced Sybase/SQL Server DBA looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some of the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Network Project Manager. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Sybase/SQL Server DBA
Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
Key Skill Sets Required: Ability to design, develop, implement and maintain database systems to support business needs. Experience in database creation and maintenance, database testing, problem resolution, and management of database integration activities. Expertise as Database Engineer/Administrator for any of the RDBMS - Sybase/SQL & NoSQL Databases
• More than ten years of experience working as a production support database administrator (DBA)
• Strong database administration experience on Sybase ASE, Replication Server and MS-SQL Server
• Experience in installation, configuration and migration with both Sybase and MS-SQL database platforms
• Experience in setting up Sybase Warm standby and MSA data replication to support business functionality.
• Strong database performance tuning skills - query optimization and server tuning with Sybase and SQL platforms
• Strong performance tuning skills on Sybase Replication
• Possesses deep understanding of Sybase internals and Optimizer functioning and ability to apply the skills to trouble-shoot real time production issues
• Provide deployment support for database objects in production and test environment
• Extremely comfortably in Unix shell scripting with prior experience in writing and maintaining complex shell scripts to perform database maintenance,
• Experience in migrating Sybase from Solaris to Linux platform and Sybase to SQL platform
• Exposure to Big Data platform operations (Hortonworks) and NoSQL Database operations
• Execute large database migration projects independently
• Experience with standard database monitoring.
• Understanding of industry standard High Availability and DR technologies
• Experience with providing 24x7 production on-call support on rotation basis
• Effective verbal and writing communication skills
Sybase/SQL Server DBA
As a Sybase/SQL Server DBA with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 39 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Sybase/SQL Server DBA position include (but are not limited to:
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US and of US Citizen or Green Card Status (Required for this client) for immediate opening.