Are you a seasoned DBA with hands-on understanding of SQL Server (and ideally with an interest in AWS and Oracle) in a 24/7 production world? Are you looking to lead a small team in additional to your hands-on architectural responsibilities?CIO Resources -- a boutique practitioner led staffing firm -- has a unique opportunity for a working Team Lead of a small production DBA group within an established publicly traded company.
This company is re-platforming to AWS using a combination of open source databases and native AWS database services ... a great opportunity for someone wanting to stay current and deal with unique challenges.
In short, you will provide technical and supervisory leadership for the existing operational environment and help transition the mindset and team skills to this newer stack. The VP is looking for a vocal, production oriented leader with strong technical chops.
This may be a great opportunity for you if ... you have strong senior level experience database operations experience, a desire for leading a small team in an Agile/DevOps world and comfort navigating through uncertainty while re-platforming to AWS.
We should chat with you about other opportunities if ... your database experience is limited to one database platform with a small, non-critical data environment, you have no team or technical leadership experience or you mainly are a manager without a deep technical understanding.
- Experience with MS SQL required with Oracle experience preferred. Experience with AWS database services (RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift) a huge plus.
- 5+ years relevant technical experience.
- Team or technical leadership preferred.
- Experience in supporting and tuning a database environment a virtual (VMWare) world strongly preferred.
- Understanding of advanced database and application security principles a plus.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related. Masters or PhD level respected but work experience may be substituted for degrees. We care more about what you can prove you can do than what you have on paper.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Calm demeanor with a strong sense of urgency. Good judgement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.