Sr Database Developer - W-2 only - Temp to Perm
This is a SENIOR position, Technical tests will be applied
Washington, DC – 2 days onsite is required
Resume to Criss Brient at: email@example.com
The Sr. Database Developer will work as part of the Application Development team and other SQL Server Developers that are part of the DBA/Development team. The main responsibilities include design and developing custom SQL Server Applications/Code (using T-SQL), creating and supporting robust ETL applications (using both T-SQL and SSIS), and root-cause analysis for various development related problems (bugs in code, performance, and locking/blocking).
The ideal candidate will have experience in database design and the capability of understanding and implementing business requirements from Business Analysts and other interested parties. Additionally, the understanding of other components of Microsoft’s BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS) and Microsoft Power BI is a plus. The Database Developer must have a proven record of excellent results, be a great communicator, and a team player.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all aspect of database development under the direction of the DBA manager including:
· Thorough code review of current and past development efforts.
· Code optimization and performance tuning.
· Manage the architecture, design, development, and implementation of database components; and ensure they meet established specifications on time and quality standards.
· Create detailed design documentation.
· Strong ETL development skills (preferably SSIS).
· Development of complex SQL Code (stored procedures, triggers, views, and functions).
· Security assessment and compliance.
· Thorough understanding of indexing (Clustered/Non-Clustered).
· Modify/Create/maintain and optimize ETL processes using SSIS.
· Conduct research on emerging database and data warehouse technologies.
· Interact with project management group and stakeholders to ensure accurate and comprehensive understanding of data and reporting requirements.
· Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems and provide issue escalation in a timely fashion.
· Provides issue escalation and resolution as well as timely execution of deadlines.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
· 8+ years of IT software development industry experience.
· 4+ years’ experience working with databases preferably Microsoft SQL Server Databases 2012 / 2016.
· Working technical knowledge database design, administration, and development (T-SQL).
· Working technical knowledge about SSIS packages.
· Understanding and general knowledge of Data Warehousing (Inmon & Kimball) and Business Intelligence (experience preferred).
· Experience working in Agile environment.
· Understanding of SSRS, SSAS, Power BI or other Reporting platforms (experience with these platforms preferred).
· Understanding of database security and knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Understanding and experience in Database/Metadata analysis and design.
· Demonstrated ability and willingness to help with production support needs at times, in addition to development projects ("team player" mentality).
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Self-directed and proactive; thinks beyond the immediate problem.
· Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, capacity to handle multiple tasks and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with keen attention to detail.
· Work directly with both internal and external resources to ensure timely completion of assigned deliverables.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
ALTA IT Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of System One, a leading provider of specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. ALTA is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, for both government and commercial enterprises across the United States, specializing in Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, Data & Advanced Analytics, and Agile Transformation Services.
ALTA IT Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.