***We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role***
The Sr. Java Developer is a self-motivated leader who can provide project management support on incident resolution and small projects, work independently to trouble shoot issues, perform root cause analysis and design and develop enhancements/solutions using multiple technologies. In addition to strong leadership and organization skills, this role requires development skills in multiple technologies including Java/J2EE, ETL, SQL, Unix Scripts, SAS etc, and strong communication skills.
• Provide project management to L3 releases, on-call support during the Monthly Financial Close, coordination of large efforts impacting Enterprise applications.
• Lead the team in root cause analysis and solution of issues in the production environment as well as work independently on some complex issue resolutions.
• Work with multiple IT and business groups for the identification of issues, and the deployment of fixes and enhancements.
• Participate in Requirements Analysis; design application enhancements based on user and Architecture Requirements; prototype if necessary; develop, unit test and deploy application enhancements using Java/J2EE, Datastage, Informatica, Unix/Perl scripting, SQL etc.
• Review the production incidents, perform lessons learned reviews, track open problems, suggest fixes and enhancements to software and/or processes based upon root cause identification, and continuously enhance the delivery processes to improve overall efficiency and add value for the business.
• Mentor new and/or junior members of the team.
• 8+ years of experience in Project Management, solution, design and development of applications using Java J2EE, strong sql and plsql programming skills, Weblogic, WebMethods, DataStage ETL, Autosys, SQL, Unix/Perl shell scripting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience.
• Experience in working in a support group and/or working as an application support lead.
• Experience in working with DB2, Sybase and Oracle databases. Good sql skills are a must.
• Knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge on SQL and Stored Procedures.
• Integration experience using Web Services and EJB preferably on Weblogic platform.
• Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools such as Maven, Jenkins, GIT, scripting Preferred Skills.
• Knowledge of Enterprise systems (PHOENIX, PSL, Corporate Amortization, CDW, etc.)
• Knowledge on application and infrastructure monitoring tools like spectrum, site scope, Splunk, Nimsoft, river bed tools etc.
200 East 5th Ave., Suite 116 Naperville, IL, 60563Contact