*Our direct end client has multiple openings (Jr/Mid/SR) levels. Salary's vary do to level of experience and current location. Remote work available if applicants reside in the following states: NV, CA, WA, TX (client will offer standard relocation packages to all candidates interested in relocating to WA, CA, TX or NV)
The Software Engineer role is responsible for taking technology innovations to the next level. The primary responsibility of the position will be to design, develop and deliver the technology that enables great customer experiences. This will include developing production grade code through vision, definition, planning, execution, deployment and sustainment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop production grade code: through vision, definition, planning, execution, deployment and sustainment.
- Partner with Product Management to build great customer experiences.
- Work with technology leadership to identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our overall platform performance and ultimate customer experience.
- Manage consistency, reliability, supportability and observability across our services.
- Effectively communicate to pull people together and enable them to find solutions to challenges they encounter.
- Analyze product tradeoffs and deliver simple and intuitive products that just work.
- Develop and maintain relationships with diverse teams spanning all organizational levels.
- Model and act in accordance with MGM mission and values.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Two (2-10) years of experience delivering commercial cloud and backend software products and services at enterprise to internet scale or experience in a related area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
- Seeking hands on core Java software engineers with experience in Java full stack and willing to work on Azure cloud platform. Open to hire Java full stack/ or Java backend of the stack engineers who has worked AWS , but open to learn and adapt to Azure Cloud platform and also Azure Serverless Cloud platform.
- Must have experience/knowledge of engineering in Java webservices/Microservices/ Multithreading/JVM (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/jvm-works-jvm-architecture/)
- Must have collaborative skills, able to take ownership of product build in a Agile DevOps environment.
- Previous experience with software development in a production environment (java/C++/other).
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Previous experience with distributed computing, enterprise-wide systems, agile-based development, Scrum, Kanban or other agile methodology and experience working in a DevOps culture and with distributed teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of all software layers including UI, service, data store and communication layers.
- Understanding of software engineering best practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Knowledge of the state of technology to inform the technical design, development and standards across the software platform
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Possess and utilize intermediate knowledge of computer software to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and/or equivalent platforms.