About CenturyLinkCenturyLink (NYSE: CTL)
is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business. Job Summary
Broomfield Colorado: Full Time Employee Position Quality Assurance Testing within the CenturyLink Federal Program space. Candidate should be well versed within scaled Agile methodology and be willing to adapt to changes. Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 5yrs+ experience welcome but not required. Must be willing to Code, Test, and Automate. Must have good knowledge base of common coding languages as well as Unit testing, QA testing/automation tool sets. Travel may be required for quarterly PI planning (One week) sessions within scrum teams. Candidate will work within a co-located Development/Test scrum team as well as work alongside and engage with PO's, PM's, PA's, RTE, STE, and Leaders. Opportunity for career advancement, competitive pay, competitive benefits. Job Description
- Responsible to test all aspects of Software Testing - Planning, Creating & Executing Manual and Automated Test activities in an Agile environment.
- Collaborate with various teams across IT to identify the impacts of test requirements and improve the overall quality of the final deliverables.
- Contribute towards continual Agile process improvement.
- Partner with various aspects of software development activities to gain exposure to other roles.
- Work with Agile Teams to analyze/review User Stories & validate Acceptance criteria. Comprehend User Stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of Testing (Unit, Functional, Integration, Regression).
- Clearly communicate Test status to relevant parties. Ability to work with Offshore teams, to handoff work and resolve any issues, for them to make progress.
- Assist Key Business Users/Product Owners and provide demos for User Acceptance as required.
- Perform Functional code demonstrations to key Business Stakeholders for User Story acceptance and provide proper documentation related to Test deliverables and lessons learnt.
- Execute ad hoc /exploratory testing methodically to ensure system is working as expected by the End User.
- Actively participate in the process improvements to enhance best practices for quality assurance.
- Assist Automation test teams with Test script creation and automation, using day to day testing tools like Jira, Selenium, Jarvis/UFT, SOA Test, SoapUI, Fitnesse, Gitlab/Github, Jenkins, etc...
• 5+yrs within the Information Technology industry welcome but not required.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent within Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field equivalent experience.
• Exposure to programming languages like JAVA, C, C++ and SQL.
• Exposure to Quality Assurance testing tools.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
•Willing to travel 10% of the time.
• Have or willing to apply for GSA public suitably security clearance if required. (Paid for by the GSA) Education
Bachelors or Equivalent in Computer Science or Information Systems
Masters or EquivalentAlternate Location:
US-Colorado-Broomfield Requisition #:
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/ EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.