Sr. Clinical Analyst-Allscripts Sunrise Pharmacy Application
The primary purpose of the Sr. Clinical Analyst is to provide technical support for the Allscripts Sunrise Pharmacy application. The Sr. Clinical Analyst for Sunrise Pharmacy provides the services of a licensed Pharmacist to lead and participate in acute, ambulatory and clinic medical management planning, development, implementation, training, evaluation of use, and optimization of pharmacy information systems. This role is responsible for building, testing, and implementing computer applications and other systems that support Montefiore New Rochelle/Mount Vernon and Schaffer Extended Care Center pharmacy initiatives. This role serves as the internal technical expert for pharmacy and is responsible for assisting in overall implementation and long-term maintenance & optimization activities for relevant applications. The Sr. Clinical Analyst collaborates closely with and communicates between the technical teams and the New Rochelle/Mount Vernon pharmacy and clinical staff and leaders to align pharmacy system features and functionality with daily workflows and long term strategic objectives of the hospitals.
- Supports the day to day operations of the Allscripts Sunrise Pharmacy Application, along with any ancillary and integrated systems. Supported applications included, but are not limited to; Allscripts Sunrise Pharmacy, KBMA, and ePrescribe.
- Leads clinical Pharmacy technical requirements development.
- Understands Pharmacy billing practices, related to cost, J-Codes, JW modifiers, HCPCS billing units, etc.
- Applies clinical knowledge to integrate clinical practice and technology into clinical workflows that support safe and efficient patient care.Coordinates installation of and testing of new versions of software for updates and new releases. This includes creating support tickets with vendors for software corrections and support.
- Supports and optimizes pharmacy related technology, i.e. Pyxis.
- Collaborates with clinical and technical teams, to prioritize projects and support requests.
- Familiarity with the database software and structure of the key clinical applications is preferred, along with the ability to run SQL reports, and collaborate with the Clinical/ Business report writer in developing complex reports.
- Serves as a skilled clinical resource in support of non-clinical team members
- Act as a liaison between end users, clinicians and non-clinical analysts.
- Works under the direction of the Sr. Product Manager to provide clinical application solutions for assigned business areas.
- Identify the common causes of the defects, prioritize them and systematically remove them so that they do not reoccur in further development work.
- Works with Application Analysts to understand the customer's product-specific requirements and configuration and translate them to technical design specifications and data flow from which programs are developed and coded.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements and documents programs or technical configuration.
- Ensures programs meet clinical specifications and standards.
- Interacts with other Application Analysts during the software build or configuration and testing process.
- Performs technical application configuration and maintenance, and configure /run reports at user request.
- Designs and executes unit, system and integration test plans for new developments / releases/reports.
- Maintains technical and clinical documentation based on standard operating procedures in support of the assigned clinical application.
- Interface with Application Analysts to assist in resolving support calls escalated by the Service Desk.
- Licensed/Registered Pharmacist, preferably in NYS
- Preferably at least 3 years of Allscripts Sunrise Pharmacy System experience.
- Will need to commute locally between hospital sites.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for end users on a rotating basis.
- HL7 knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly professional written and verbal communications skills.
Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit:
Non Union Campus:
NEW ROCHELLE Employment Status:
Regular Full-Time Address:
16 Guion Place, New Rochelle Shift:
Day Scheduled Hours:
8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID:
101089 Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LI-MF1-REDIRECT; SF-DICE-MIT
Posted Date: Sat, 25 05 2019 00:00:00 GMT
Department: Montefiore Information Technology