The Senior Digital Product Manager will help define our digital strategy and roadmap for how customers connect with their financial lives; working with a cross-functional team across the bank, including engineers, designers, and researchers to launch new products and services. The Senior Digital Product Manager will be responsible for managing key functions and activities, including desk research, developing product specifications, prototyping, and user acceptance testing for digital implementations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand Valley's strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in class.
- Build deep understanding of our different types of customers and their needs that Valley can digitally serve
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams across business lines to execute ideas through all aspects of the product development lifecycle, including research, design, development, rollout planning, and launch to enhance the company's digital capabilities
- Line manage Digital Product Managers and Digital Product Analysts.
- Leads communications with appropriate branches, departments, and customers, to facilitate and document product governance meetings.
- Define success criteria & metrics for the team's work and positively impact those metrics.
Perform other duties as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital technologies for financial institutions.
- Proven track record of delivery and new product feature creation.
- Obsession with shipping products that customers love.
- Experience building an understanding of customers, and rapid iteration to quickly learn how to solve their problems (via rapid prototyping, UX research and testing, experimentation, etc).
- Excellent knowledge of agile software product development lifecycle.
- Exceptional planning, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in an agile software environment.
Master's Degree preferred.