Position: QA tester Location: Columbus Ohio Rate: Negotiable Duration: 18 month contract to hireDay-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Participates in executing the tasks and activities of the broader testing team.
- Collaborates with the BSA and Development teams in the analysis and review of requirements
- Actively participate in the review of design specifications
- Create test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts mapped to requirements, workflow, and system design documents to ensure proper coverage
- Conduct testing using manual and/or automated test processes
- Executes test scripts, communicates and records results
- May run database queries in order to supply data validation within test scripts
- Update test cases based upon approved change requests
- Work with BSAs and Development teams on defect analysis and triage
- Collaborate with Project Test Lead on the creation and review of the Test Strategy
- Collaborate with Project Test Lead on estimating the test efforts
- 5+ years of experience in testing applications using manual tools
- Hands on experience with HP- ALM or HP-QC
- Experience testing web based applications
- Knowledge of the SDLC
- Previous leadership/ planning experience is highly preferred
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Apex Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages female and minority applicants to apply.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or