Position: SRE/Cloud Engineer
Location: Boise, ID
Length: 12 month
Visa authorization: W2 only (US Citizen)
Requirement: BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience. 2-5 years experience in engineering
Upon conversion: Contract-to-hire if performance meets standards.
Our client is one of the fastest growing IT companies in the state. They were recently acquired by Equifax and are growing their office by 25-30%. They are one of the industry leaders in financial fraud detection.
The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for working with teams across the company to help design, implement, and support solutions in our AWS environments.
DAY TO DAY:
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define infrastructure requirements in AWS.
- Implement secure and scalable solutions in AWS for various technical teams.
- Provide recommendations for architecture and process improvements.
- Build CI/CD pipelines to deploy infrastructure and application changes to multiple environments.
- Define all AWS resources using Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Troubleshoot issues across services deployed to environments in AWS.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects, Engineering Leadership, and Engineering Managers to improve engineering practices and processes.
- Collaborate with the Product team to consistently deliver value to the business.
- Provide guidance and technical excellence mentoring to cross-functional team of software engineers, QA engineers, and machine learning engineers.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
- 2+ years scripting or programming experience
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Terraform, Chef, Ansible or Puppet (Terraform preferred)
- Experience with network/server configuration for automated software deployment
- Experience with migrations to the cloud. AWS Certification a plus.
- Experience with managing and supporting various AWS services and components such as VPC, EC2, IAM, S3, CloudFront, API Gateway
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration systems such as EKS or ECS
- Experience with managing database services such as Dynamo, RDS or Aurora
- Able to implement configuration management solutions for managing deployed resources
- Experience with both Linux and Windows administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with metrics, monitoring, and visualization tools such as Grafana or DataDog
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in the Financial Industry or Ecommerce.
- Experience with Golang, or Python
- Experience with integration of APM solutions such as DataDog
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with build automation systems such as Gitlab CI
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org