For one of our ongoing project we are looking for a SRE DevOps Automation engineer.
Responsible for improving and managing the productivity of technology and business processes by creating automated workflows to replace the manual ones.
Should have experience with configuration management tools (such as Ansible), script languages (including Python, Ruby, JScript, VBscript), cloud infrastructure and containerization technologies and management platforms such as Docker, CoreOS, or Kubernetes.
In previous roles, must have led and managed teams with focus on analyzing existing processes to identify automation opportunities across multiple platforms and technologies.
Collaborated with development teams to design processes in the most efficient way to enable automation and machine learning in a culture of innovation
Should have ability to build, maintain, and leverage relationships as well as expert level verbal and written communication skills and flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid changes.
- Manages continual process and automation improvement initiatives, working with Product owner, developers, network engineers and domain experts to identify opportunities. Automation opportunities may include both internal IT processes and business processes that can be enabled by technology.
- Contributes to thought leadership through the participating in the development of support processes/procedures.
- Work to automate design patterns and configuration management through full lifecycle; (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, AWS Cloud-formation, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Conduct a system analysis to assess and recommend areas of improvement need to improve the speed and resiliency of the systems
- Research and recommend technology to be employed in activating your recommendations
- Proactively work with development teams and operation teams to build robust solutions for issues across the organization
- Contribute to thought leadership through the participating in the development of support processes/procedures.
- Lead the development and maintenance of automated processes, delivering projects on time and within budget
- Maintain a portfolio of automation scripts.
- Conduct impact analysis of any application or infrastructure changes that interact with automation and make associated script changes and updates.
- Develop reporting to measure the effectiveness of automated processes.
- Work with development and architecture team to design reusable patterns to deploy to applications, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and designs
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools in configuration management, deployment, monitoring and operations
- 5+ yrs. of experience with DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and related tools, such as GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Chef, or equivalents.
- 5+ years of experience in script languages (including Python, Ruby, JScript, VBscript), cloud infrastructure and containerization technologies and management platforms such as Docker, CoreOS, or Kubernetes.
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- A passion for SRE/DevOps principals and a clear drive to remove toil and run highly resilient/automated systems
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and related tools, such as GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Chef, or equivalents.
- Experience in an Agile delivery environment
- Experience as a hands-on software engineer so you understand the core principles of the engineering work
- Experience supporting customer problems and communication
- Experience or interest in speaking/presenting at tech conferences.
- Experience in communication and organization in large, distributed teams
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Consulting Experience is a plus.